ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUT doesn’t work on Linux projects

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUT doesn’t work on Linux projects

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    saspland
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying out VisualGDB (version 4.0) for a fairly large x86 linux project, and I have an issue with adding a reference to a “.a” file in the project settings.

Anything put in the “Additional linker inputs:” section of the project properties makes it into the Makefile, but doesn’t make it into the linker command line.

At the moment, to get the .a file linking into the application I have to add the file to the “END_GROUP” variable in the debug.mak file, unfortunately this make editing the project properties fiddly.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Static libraries are not linked when built. Please add the additional linker inputs to the app or shared library project using this static library.

Currently the ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUTS variable is not correctly used in the Makefile, we will fix this issue in the next release of VisualGDB.
    As a workaround add the following line just before the “all_make_files := …” line:

LIBRARY_LDFLAGS += $(ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUTS)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.